$20 = 19yrs and up | $15 = 6-18 yrs | Free = 5 and younger
Charity 5K Run/Walk
May 1st 2021
TK 5K Run/Walk Fundraiser Registration Information
The Topeka High Interact Club will be hosting a 5k run/walk fundraiser on Saturday, May 1st, 2021 to raise money for Fellowship & Faith Ministry Inc. and the YWCA Day Center, both of which have continued to provide essential services throughout the pandemic. While providing some financial support for these Topeka organizations, the Interact Club has also sought out sponsorships from local businesses to provide an advertising opportunity. For more information and to sign-up, please continue reading:
Location- The TK 5K will be at the Hummer Sports Park Cross Country Course, in the northwest corner of the complex. Parking is available in both the soccer and football fields parking lots.
- Cross Country Course: Corner of SW Kanza Drive and SW Oakley Avenue
- Soccer Field Parking Lot: Corner of 6th Street and SW Oakley Avenue
- Football Field Parking Lot: 515 SW Tuffy Kellogg Dr, Topeka, KS 66606
Date & Time: Saturday, May 1st, 2021 at 8 a.m.
The deadline for signing up to participate is Friday, April 16th, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
If you miss the deadline to sign-up, there will still be the day-of registration. However, please note that this means you may not receive a shirt as they will have been ordered beforehand. The day-of registrants may pay with cash, check, or by clicking here.
19 years and older: $20
6-18 years old: $15
5 and under: Free
- Participants 5 and under will not be receiving a shirt due to costs
Refunds will be handled on an individual basis. The Interact Club will contact participants with the phone number provided in the sign-up form.
Thank you for your support! We hope to see you on the course.
Once you have finished the course, there will be a table with various fruits, granola bars, and water bottles for the taking. In addition, those who completed the online registration will receive a TK 5K t-shirt. If you register on the day of the event, you may inquire about receiving one of the t-shirts from our onsite vendor.
Also, please visit with any of the local businesses sponsoring the event as they may also be offering some giveaways.
- The first wave of racers will start at 8 a.m., beginning with the faster runners and ending with walkers. This is in accordance with our COVID-19 Prevention Protocols (see below).
COVID-19 Prevention Protocols:
- Entry into the event will not be allowed to anyone not wearing a mask.
- Before and after the run/walk, everyone must have their mask on.
- Everyone who is participating in the run/walk must have their mask in their possession while on the course.
- If you are running, your mask must be on your face for the first 100 meters, which will be marked on the course. Once you have passed this marker, you may remove your mask if you choose to do so.
- If you intend to run the course and end up walking some, for the duration of your walk, your mask must be on your face. When you begin to run again, you may remove your mask.
If you are walking the course, your mask must be on the entire time.
- While on and off the course, please practice social distancing.
If you are a slower runner or are walking, please stay to the far right of the path.
- If you are about to pass someone or a group of people, please notify them by saying “on the left,” and then move as far to the left of the path as possible until you have passed them.
- To start the race, runners and walkers will be sent off in waves, with gaps between each one:
- 7-minute milers will go first, then 8-minute milers, then 9-minute milers, then 10-minute milers, and so on and so forth, until we reach 15-minute milers, at which point the walkers will be called to the starting line.